LTrack is an intranet package to manage
employee's vacation/leave information in an organization. The package has
three primary components: Employee Information,
Vacation Schedule and Reports.
Each employee can login and find out details about their
vacation; how many vacation days they have taken, how many are
still available, etc.
An employee can request for vacation or leave.
- When employee requests for vacation/leave, an e-mail is
sent to their manager/supervisor for approval.
- The manager/supervisor after receiving the e-mail can login
to the system and approve/disapprove vacation request.
- After manager/supervisor takes an action, the employee is
notified via e-mail of the action.
- Manager/Supervisors automatically view pending
vacation/leave requests by just the employees reporting
- Pending request can be viewed in calendar format
along with others who are scheduled to take vacation.
- Approve/disapprove vacation request.
- View as well as manage any employee's information.
- Approve/disapprove vacation request as well.
- Optionally be informed of vacation/leave
- Get a complete list of vacation/leave by employee, along
with the summary in viewable/printable format.
- Get a complete list of vacation/leave by department/group in
Technical Features -
- Developed completely in Java - platform independent.
- Web enabled graphical interface.
- Same interface for running as application as well as under a browser.
- Capable of running on various Client/Server platforms.
- Currently runs using following DBMSs: PostgreSQL (open source & free), Oracle or SQL Server.
Future plans include HSQLDB (open source & free), Sybase, and DB2.
- Internet/Intranet enabled.
- Authorization at different level based on user privilege.